Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Little Bit About Me

Hello, my name is James Crosbie. For those of you who know absolutely nothing about me, I am from the great city of Seattle, Washington and have lived for the last ten years. Before that, I primarily lived in Norcross, Georgia (where I was born) and White Rock, British Columbia (that's in Canada).

While mother's family has resided in the United States for well over 200 years, my father is currently the first and only member of his family with United States citizenship. The rest of my paternal lineage resides in the great and faraway nation of Canada, and as such I possess both American and Canadian citizenship. Before coming to the United States, both of my families originated from the British Isles with my father's family coming from the Scottish Highlands and my mother's family originating primarily in Northern Ireland. As one might imagine, family gatherings are an 'interesting' occurrence.

Having spent my teenage years growing up in Seattle, I have had a rather distinct version of the 'American Experience'. Within the Seattle area, there are distinct African-American, Latin American and Asian communities as well as a very unique regional culture which promotes outdoor activities (i.e. mountain climbing, biking, boating, etc.), independent cultural trends and just general Northwestern 'weirdness'.

No comments:

Post a Comment